Ads

Monday, February 3, 2014

Is Dandruff Contagious ?


Often we ask ourselves Is Dandruff contagious ? I believe we are not born with a dandruff problem and we notice dandruff only as we grow older and more aware of white things that are starting to fall down as we comb our hair. Personally i noticed dandruff when I was working way back 2005 in a Japanese firm, but way back high school and college I can't recall i have dandruff problem or shall we say severe dandruff problem, im not saying i dont have it but i believe it was not noticeable yet.

Way back 2005, I have a girlfriend that her dandruff is really severe, like you can really see the flakes coming out, but it seems she is not aware of it. One time we ride to the city, and i was asking her, about it, and she was shocked i noticed it, then i told her its really visible even from 4 meters away. So is her Dandruff contagious and started transferring to me? We never did came so close often and i believe that we have the same computer work that it think is contributing to my dandruff, also our office mates mostly have dandruff.

I read on the internet that Dandruff  can contagious, or i'd like to clarify to you that the word they use is infectious ... it says it can be infection if the glands become inflamed and secrets flaky scales. Sadly my scalp have some swollen skin tissues that sometimes i can peel flakes like the size of my finger nails, and its painful and these scalp flaking makes my scalp really itchy.

Again from the net, it says children below 10 years old have this ringworm as the cause of their dandruff, so they say it becomes contagious but for adults dandruff is NOT Contagious.

 Malassezia as i read on the net is also the fungus that is responsible for dandruff problem and its not contagious since you can get it by yourself but I always ask myself if using a common comb helps transfer the fungus ? I always use a common comb, and sometimes borrow my sister's pink fine tooth comb to scratch my itchy scalp to get off the flakes.

Dandruff is not contagious and there are environmental and personal factors that is contributing to dandruff growth such as poor hygiene, exposure on extreme temperatures, too much sweating, bad diet, overdue stress, insufficient washing of scalp after using shampoo, and some shampoo can also irritate your scalp instead of treating your dandruff.

Having learned that dandruff is not contagious, do you think we should also ask how to get dandruff easily instead of just asking how to get rid of dandruff fast ...??

So the last question would be, what do you think is the best dandruff remedy? and what is the best dandruff shampoo for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment